Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shelby The Exhibitionist

No.

This is not a sad picture of a little girl getting left behind on a tractor ride. When Daddy and Wyatt fired up the tractor, Shelby was still fast asleep. However, if you have any farm experience you might notice that "fire up the tractor" and "fast asleep" generally do not appear in the same sentence.

As I wave bye to my manly men, off to some testosterone-filled task like moving a pile of sticks or cutting grass, I catch a pale fuzzy blur whipping past the corner of my eye.**

Shelby, who had previously been fast asleep, heard the tractor and in a rush to wave the menfolk off still remembered to put on her boots.

Just not her pants.






I must note here that Shelby has learned a few lessons at four that will carry her through many a situation in life.

1. Hair volume is a woman's best weapon

2. Never underestimate the power of a confident hand on the hip

And, finally,

3. Put boots with it





Proof that I did indeed have her fully dressed and brushed at the beginning of our trip:


**That hair! I love it! I never know what new configuration she will walk down the stairs with, but I know this.

It's never the same.

And it is never boring.

Years from now when I reflect on Shelby as a little girl, the first image no matter what the setting will be those bouncing, blonde ringlets in some stage of disarray.

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of another little girls hair. sorry it took me so long to figure out, the brush is worthless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. again, my kids have been messing with my computer. it's me mom.

    ReplyDelete