Friday, September 21, 2012

jerry rigged


Wyatt loves his little collection of sad, knotted jump ropes. When we cleaned the garage out he was thrilled out of his mind when we found a few old pieces of frayed rope. Hours later he was still busy roping bad guys, tying up sticks (another favorite) and dragging them around the yard, and driving his sister insane.

When these ropes mysteriously appear inside, all the cabinet knobs help turn the kitchen into some sort of elaborate obstacle course. I tell people that it reminds me of that scene in the original "Parent Trap" when Haley Mills #1 uses all the string to booby trap the cabin of Haley Mills #2. I knew I would use my high school hurdling skill set again!


Ha! Outsmarted yourself now! 
(Or I guess you could drag the chair all over the kitchen until I untie you.)



A celebratory dance! Please note the addition of a scrub brush and aggie helmet. I am constantly untangling all our toys. Oh, and I should take this time to thank Aunt Bonnie in Louisiana for donating a giant crawfish bag full of Mardi Gras beads to our household. Those are my most favorite to untangle.




This picture really says a lot about what Wyatt is enjoying at this stage in his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment