Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Re-Discovery

I have come up with a brilliant way to save money and prevent clutter build up.

Hide your kid's toys.

Case in point. Shelby's sunglasses had fallen between the cracks of the seat where they communed with a stale chicken nugget and a broken princess earring for, let's say, a few months.

Stop being grossed out at the 3 month old chicken nugget under my seat. You are really getting bogged down with unimportant details and my son went through a little projectile anti-nugget phase ok?!

Anyway, after a cleaning of my car, the re-discovery process happened. Despite the dust accumulated in the edges and the chipped white daisy on the side, the glasses had magically become new again!

No need to spend money or endure the agony of the Target princess aisle. Ta-da! Instant "new" toy. Now, some parents may selectively choose toys to disappear, but I say why add another thing to your to do list when they select themselves so readily. Instead, every few months clean out your car/couch/closet/miscellaneous drawer, etc. and "Voila!".



Pics with her "new" glasses

"Is this how Fancy Nancy wears them?"-her exact question :)




*sigh*
"I know I make it look easy but it really can be lonely at the top."

2 comments: