Thursday, August 4, 2011



So...

it's August

in Texas

with a 4 year old

and two year old

9 months pregnant

with melting ice cream.

I get that everyone is hot and I may or may not be in my most rational state of mind or 100% hormonally balanced.

With that said, I feel the need to state that I cannot guarantee how I will respond next time I go to HEB for groceries and I see someone pull out of the "parking with children" space WHO CLEARLY HAS NO CHILD!

Oh hello woman in your zippy, coordinating workout clothes. Yes, by all means park there. I'm sure that what the sign meant was if you have EVER had a small child then you qualify. Clearly you are not currently one as
a. you have no child with you
b. your outfit matches
c. your hair is done
d. you are wearing eyeliner...and it is straight

Perhaps I am overreacting a leeetle bit (see hormonally balanced comment above). I just think it's a tad selfish. They know that there is a fine for handicapped spots but not the young children spots.

Maybe I will just wait for universal justice to strike. Or maybe I will return home with only 7 eggs in my carton.

just kidding!

sort of...

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree!!!!!Absolutely!!!
    In Brasil they had a huge amount of expectant spots right in front of the grocery store and guess what? Middle aged men, young men and "worky outy"(like the term?) women getting their brand new cars from the spot.

    ReplyDelete