Monday, August 8, 2011

Things I had forgotten but now remember since last pregnancy...

1. the last two weeks becomes a constant battle of cleavage or midriff shirt tugging.
2. that there is no such thing as reaching a state beyond constant dehydration
3. a restroom must always be in the vicinity (see #2) but can be complicated by the presence of your other two children.
4. the absolute inability to keep your shirt clean. If it misses your chest, your belly manages to catch it. I removed my shirt the other night to find a jelly stain that I must have leaned into earlier and had been sporting for hours.
5. the reason I made a "no pictures of me in my last trimester" rule.
6. that walking up the stairs now gets me as winded as running up them...10 times.
7. a new understanding of why women were always fainting and a deep appreciation for all the women forced to wear a cinched garter. This is the closest equivalent to the steel band around my middle currently.
8. a deep and abiding appreciation for Sonic ice.
9. that my house seems so HOT despite the shivering of my husband nearby.

And a few others that I will spare everyone from reading.

We're in the home stretch now!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! So excited for you! These are hilarious and so true. It's funny how quickly one forgets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the almost record breaking heat wave.....not quite as hot as summer of '80!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shelly,

    You are so funny and sooo right.

    Yesterday I went(Anthony-less) to the Mall and it reminded me of you. I had to drive pass the "Reserved for parents with small children", even though, every time I have Anthony with me that spot is taken.

    ReplyDelete