Friday, September 2, 2011

New Haircut Location, New Drama

The cost of one child is not a much of an eye opener. They don't require much the first couple of years and then WHAMMO! kid number 2 comes along and all your expenses become X2!

That's when you start to notice things like, say, haircuts. I used to take Shelby to the little kids haircut place where she got a toy and watched some animated movie.

I took two kids there and me and my wallet came limping out.

So, off to the much cheaper hair place for us.


Shelby relaxes into her seat like an old pro.

"Just a little off the top and sides, please."




Meanwhile, the tension began building in my son. Small whimpers of concern began to permeate the air.

When asked what was wrong he replied, "I scared."

"Of?"

"That man." (an innocent looking man receiving a haircut to his left)

After further probing, the real issue came out and the poor guy in for his bi-weekly shearing was exonerated.

"It's gonna HURT!"

Now, try explaining to a two year old that something is NOT going to hurt when they are convinced it will.

Let's just say toys and animated movies were looking really good at this point.

"Why is that strange lady wielding a pair of scissors so close to my head."



All done and it didn't hurt one bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment