Friday, September 30, 2011

Pretty Fly For A White Guy

My son generally doesn't have an opinion when it comes to his clothing. If his Superman shirt is clean, great!, if not, oh, well.

So you will understand it came as a bit of a surprise when I asked him to fetch a pair of socks and he returned with the bottom of the barrel, super-old, never used socks and INSISTED that I pull them up.

"Higher! Higher!" he demanded.







I'm not sure what spurred on this trend.

All I can say is that it takes me back to junior high and white high top Reeboks with carefully scrunched uber-long socks.

If you were lucky, you had long skinny legs and could totally pull this off.

If you were like the majority of fashionably lost yet desperately seeking middle schoolers, you look back on your pictures now like so many boys will look back on their goofy Justin Bieber hair and say "Hey, it was cool then" in some sort of lame attempt to excuse running around looking like a total doofus.

I suppose each generation creates it own special form of fashion idiocy.

...leisure suits complemented with medallion and ample chest hair

...really, really big hair complemented by the perfectly sprayed side bangs

...and most recently (and might I add horrific) the earlier episode knock off of Kate Gosselin hair.






This one haunts my dreams people.




To avoid two year old peer mockery I was forced to do what any other mom would do (right?).

The socks now swim with the fishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment