Sunday, February 26, 2012

i heart chick-fil-a

Young motherhood is a stage.

A very intense, sleepless, exhausting, high-demand stage.

Eventually all your children will wipe their own mouths and bottoms, cut their own food, not spill their drinks on a regular basis or manage to use an entire stack of napkins at lunch. But I'm not quite there yet (very bright light is visible at the end of a tunnel though). B/c of this crazy time known as the preschool years, Chick-fil-a has won me over. And when I say "won over," I mean I would seriously contemplate taking up arms in defense of my beloved restaurant.

(slight exaggeration.)

(sort of.)

Why do I love it so much?

Well, it has awesome food (moment of silence for waffle fries.....) but, more than that, their employees smile at you. They come to your table to see if you need any refills or napkins or straws or wipes which means I don't have to leave my baby alone to hunt down ketchup packets. They have toys that don't drive me bonkers and inspiring lessons on their kids' meal bags. They have face painting and balloon animal nights.

How could I go back to the golden arches after all of this?

We let Shelby keep it on over night. Your only young once right? Next up, a life size bunny of chocolate for Easter morning that she can gnaw on for breakfast.


Wyatt showing his basketball on his hand and Shelby silently communicating her love in form of a heart-shaped balloon.

*PS It should be noted for posterity's sake that Seth took them b/c I had a meeting. Numero Uno Esposo!

No comments:

Post a Comment