Friday, January 25, 2013

Tu tu cute

Per her request, I enrolled Shelby in a ballet class. With out getting overly wordy here, we'll just say she liked it. A lot. 

(She would thank me every time I pulled into the parking lot.)

After a semester of shuffle, shuffle, tap and first position, the grande finale is HERE!


Let me set the stage for the Spring Recital...


Ill-fitted costume with boning poking into her hips...still smiling.

Arm bands threatening to cut off all circulation to her hands...still smiling.

Hair pulled so tightly her face seems to be in a constant state of surprise...still smiling.

Jazz costume ordered a size too small causing a permanent spandex wedgie...still smiling.

Waiting in the back room for hours...still smiling. 
(Cheetos greased that squeaky wheel)

If all of that couldn't get ol' Shelby down, just add some flowers and a giant trophy.

Greatest. Day. Ever.

Side note: Gaze carefully at the last picture. She snuck out some "lipgloss" before the trophy presentation. It was concealer. 



1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. I shared it with my husband!

    ReplyDelete