Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A not so silent weekend

My sweet, wonderful husband offered to watch the kids while I went on a silent retreat one weekend (I know it sounds strange but I promise no gutteral chanting or yoga moves were involved.) As I am driving home Sunday, I call home to get the full briefing from my daughter.

"[lots of chatting] and then Wyatt went to the dentist and got a balloon and a sticker [more chatting]"

Wait. What?

Seth then gets on the phone and just tells me to get home and he'll give me the full run down. After I get home, Wyatt walks down the stairs and...

Well, we shall refer to this as the "before" picture:

After:

Yup. Ol Wy managed to ricochet his bat off a PVC pipe that fateful Saturday morning. Seth ran over to him and thought he had a cut on his hand only to realize he was holding his tooth...his entire tooth-root and all. Shelby proved to be made of "sterner stuff" during this crisis and ran for paper towels to mop up the blood now covering Wyatt. Off to the emergency pediatric dentist--Yeeha!



Here's a picture of the DENTIST! 
(I know she looks high schoolish to me too! Sign #117 that I am clearly getting older.) 

Sainted Seth still managed to keep the other kiddos alive AND clean <----bonus p="">

A few more shots to be sure that you get to see what I did when I got home...



Mema even brought him some special treats & a game


Shelby's reaction to all the gore 
(kidding! She was a champ!)


Just another weekend in the life of the Landrys!

No comments:

Post a Comment