Saturday, March 20, 2010

Product Reviews

Having read these in many a blog, I have decided to venture out into this as yet uncharted blogging territory: the product review.

Why product reviews you ask?

Let's just say I am a somewhat enthusiastic person. Spastic and hyperactive may be used interchangeably here. When I really, really like something or really, really don't, I, instead of calmly proceeding with life, must tackle the next acquaintance, corner them for a set period of time, and unload my burden of excitement on their unsuspecting shoulders. I then calmly walk away after my effusive release, leaving my victim, I mean, friend to contemplate the wonders of the Bullet blender or my new slew of facts on women's health care in Africa.

So here you are victim, I mean friend:)

Guittard Dark Chocolate Chips



I know, chocolate right? How could this not be a good thing? Well, look closely at the bag: DARK CHOCOLATE a.k.a. a health food (moderation people). My comfort food every afternoon has now become a ripe banana dipped in this melted bliss of darkness. Believe me, I have sampled other chips, but none compare to these wee bites. I mistakenly grabbed Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips the other day, belch!!! Weird aftertaste! Maybe they will be fine in a cookie or something, but when you only have a two ingredient snack, both ingredients need to pull their weight and these chips have mega horsepower.


Everyday Italian



Do you love Italian food? I mean do you looooove it like I do? Then buy this book for your reference library. Giada has stripped down recipes to essentials making them very accessible to use everyday (hence the title) from any grocery store. I could eat her white bean dip every single day. Try mixing in some roasted garlic and fresh thyme with it. See? That's why her book rocks. You get the basic (which is good) and can easily add and change to your taste. Also, her turkey meatballs are deeeelish!



Lilash-eyelash extender




Let me preface this by saying, I was handed this bottle of what I believed to be overpriced snake oil. I very roughly followed the directions and...voila!!! It works! It really, really works! The bottle lasts about a year (assuming you only put it on a few times a week). I haven't replaced my bottle, but my eyelashes are longer than they were before I used Lilash. My hairdresser was the first to notice (oh Denise how I love thee) about 7-8 weeks into it.

Caution: it did make my eyelid sensitive so if you have sensitive skin already I would skip this all together).


Microplane Zester



I heart this piece of kitchen equipment. I want to grate everything with it: lemons, Parmesan, my feet...Ok too far. You get the point though. If you don't own one, hock up the fourteen bucks and treat yourself. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. well you will have to rate the bullet vs the ninja.... i am interested... you know what I already think.

    ReplyDelete