Thursday, February 3, 2011

Genetic Differences

Boys and girls are different.

Not every girl loves lip gloss and twirly skirts.

Not every boy wants to play in the mud.

I know this does not come as a shocking revalation to most, but I felt the need to preface the following story of my four year old.

We are on out way to school when my oldest tells me that "yesterday" i.e. anything that happened in the past her good friend was absent.

"Oh. Who did you play with?"

"I played in the gym with Sara and Mckenna."

"What did yall play with?"

"They were the older sisters."

"Were you the baby?"

"No! The basketball was the baby. It was baby Jesus."

"Oh. Did you put the baby to sleep?"

"There weren't any beds so we put him to sleep in a hula hoop."

Now on one hand, I found this very resourceful of the young girls. On the flip side, I had an image of all the little girls gathered together trying to rock their "baby" basketball to sleep while the boys ran around pegging each other with the very same balls.

I just thought this story underscored a fact some silly theororist tried to dissuade me of in one of my education classes in college.

Boys and girls are just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment