Monday, January 30, 2012

Behold, an Angel of the Lord...



What you see before you is a young girl fulfilling one of her greatest dreams: playing an angel in the Christmas pageant.

"Ha! That's your dream, Mom!" you might say.

Though I am not a completely objective outsider I encourage you to look deeper and notice

1. the ample application of sparkly gold through out the costume.

2. the golden crown. (You say halo. Shelby disagrees. You will NEVER win that argument. Move on for your own sanity.)

3. the giant wings strapped to her back. (She's in a little bit of a Tinkerbell phase and has been "waking up" from "nap time" with wings on. Heels optional.)

Yep. Girl was pretty pumped about her big night.

If you look in the background you will notice some spinning wise men who seemed pretty jazzed as well when I dropped her off at her classroom.

What you may notice in this picture which Mommy did not is the giant ring on her finger. I am constantly de-blinging my daughter before entering the public eye ("Less is more honey.")

Guess I missed that one, well, until I noticed it on stage. I thought I had held the preparations to a tasteful coating of body glitter and some clear nail polish. Can't win them all I guess.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i noticed out of the one hundred angels on the stage, shelby was easy to pick out with the giant pink diamond ring.....and cute yellow curls!

    ReplyDelete