Monday, October 26, 2009

As My World Turns


Ok. You must believe me when I say I don’t watch soap operas. Like I have time. However, I flipped on the TV, was briefly distracted by my two-footed drooling machine, and when I zoned back in, the ensuing line was spoken by a tiny (yet buxom) blonde in scrubs who appeared distraught (yet lacked the ability to move her forehead).

“One of the nurses just told me Brad was shot, and Katie delivered her baby all by herself!”

Now, I just confessed my ignorance of all things soap opera, but I began to see what draws the viewers day after day…unanswered questions. Who is this Brad? Who is this Katie? Is Brad her baby daddy? Was he shot by the baby daddy thereby necessitating Katie’s solo delivery as the baby daddy fled the scene? Or are these just two mutually exclusive, random incidents whose only connection is the unfortunate blonde nurse having one heck of a day as her friends fall like dominoes around her while simultaneously experiencing upper-face paralysis?

Unfortunately for my questions, everyone on screen froze, breathed awkwardly for what seemed an eternity, and a commercial began.

I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment