Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rocky I &II




You are looking at a very happy two year old. One whose father brought home a female baby squirrel dubbed "Rocky." (We do not observe gender specific names at our house as evident by the girl doll named "Colin").




See how she clings so tenaciously to the doctor's shirt...


...just not as tenaciously to life.

That's right Rocky did not make it. Feel free to dab away the tear. Mom and Dad's reaction, however, was "What to we tell the very happy two year old from the 1st photo?"



Our options left for a questioning two year old are as follows

A) explain that life is short and Rocky is chewing on the big acorn in the sky OR...

B) tell a leeeetle white lie









Meet Rocky II (the II is silent) who lives in a tree in our front yard.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry to hear Rocky I passed on...I remember the day I met (s)him. That reminds me- I don't think my dog I had as a two year old really "went to the breeder"......

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never do Blaine. They never do.

    ReplyDelete