Friday, December 31, 2010

Gingerbread House

I purchased a gingerbread house kit at the grocery store, brought it home, and then proceeded to watch the fun unfold as my perfectionist husband and sugar-holic daughter assembled it.



A few random facts about this picture. First, her pj's are on backwards. Second, she is wearing my old, beat-up watch from Target and insists on relating the time. "It's nine sevens." Huh?



I feel the need to almost whisper like the golf announcers. "Great concentration is shown here by Shelby as she attempts the tricky feat of getting all the purple candy to stick. Oh Bob, did you see that double candy shovel backhand? Impressive skill for one so young."




Reload.




Oops! This piece is chipped.





Ta da!!! Shelby's touches: the backwards "J", the gingerbread WOman with the all purple dress, the super pumped smile!

I am also proud to say that I never caught her licking said gingerbread house for the duration of Christmas which is more than I can say for her mother as a young child.

No comments:

Post a Comment