Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dregs of the Pumpkin Patch

So, my youngest sister got married the weekend before Halloween and Shelby was the flower girl (more on that later). Due to all the wedding excitement, pumpkin selection/carving got pushed waaaay back. Do you know what happens when you are the last person in town to visit the pumpkin patch?

I do.

You get the pumpkin I deemed "Scarface" that is so lopsided you have to lean him against the wall for weeks until he starts to rot and you throw him into the trash with his other moldy brother "Geronimo," the world's largest, most obnoxious pumpkin.

They sure enjoyed picking out their homely little pumpkins though!


I am still trying to figure out how these parents dress their kids in matching, monogrammed holiday outfits. I mean, Shelby still has some vestiges of mascara from the day before when she made her debut as the flower girl. Hopefully, my kids will have selective memories when they look at our pictures.

  
"Say hello to my little friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment