Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mexico...

Seth and I got away and went to the most amazing all-inclusive resort in Mexico. When he originally broached the idea, I was like "No way! We'll get caught in the drug crossfire and be forced to earn our freedom by becoming drug mules for the Zetas!" Then Seth pulled up pictures of the resort...

Adios, America! The grounds were amazing and the food was more amazing!!! I held back the first night but after that I embraced my all-inclusiveness. More desserts please! My favorite was the coconut ice cream cart that came around between 2-3pm. "Why yes! I would like some coconut ice cream. Sitting in the sun like a slug has left me famished."
Our towels came in animal shapes each day. This pose was a shout-out the the daughter whom I love.

View from the front porch of our cabana. Notice the little bed type thingies on the beach. I referred to those as home base. 

Now might be a good time to mention that Seth has vacation ADHD and cannot sit still. So, while I attempted to return to a vegetative state, he swam up and down the coastline, ran around the huge complex, and worked out. After about three hours he would return to discover that I had not moved. 

At all. 

In a loving voice, he ventured to suggest that I might not be totally unhappy on a life support tube. To which I replied, "Not as long as they put in coconut ice cream!"


Here is our casita!
Hey, someone's got to keep the economy afloat and we were just doing our part! 

It's not goodbye Mexico but hasta luego.

1 comment: