Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy 6th, Baby Girl!

I've been trying to up my birthday skillz since birthdays weren't a huge deal at our house growing up (but I did get dwarf bunnies for Easter one year so I'm all good). I managed to hide balloons, get a small present and have the Monkey Bread cooking in the oven when she got up. Of course, Seth had to go and buy her a giant wad of flowers because he says he wants her to know how she should be treated. I say he is setting some poor boy up for failure and bankruptcy in the future.  

Exactly one week six years ago my little girl was born! Six years of my sweets! Love this princess-lovin', mop-headed, type A, coloring book junkie kiddo!

It's the traditional birthday breakfast around here-Monkey Bread! If your not familiar with this recipe, it's mostly butter and sugar with some roll dough thrown in. As you can imagine, it's a pretty big hit. The best part is after the kids consume their body weight in sugar  for "breakfast" I get to send them to run it off at school. You're welcome teachers!


We told Shelby she could pick where she wanted to go to dinner. Her first response was Chuck E. Cheese (which we have avoided up to this point and the only reason she even knows about it is a commercial on PBS-thanks a lot public television! I guess I'll forgive you since you have given us Downton Abbey BUT you did just kill off Matthew so you should know my forgiveness did not come without struggle.).  The visible deflation of both parents was obvious, but she was the birthday girl. However, when I picked her up at school she claims she had changed her mind and now wanted to go to...LUPE TORTILLA! I managed to stop short of doing a fist pump in the middle of the crosswalk but texted Seth wherein he proved to be equally thrilled to hear the good news. Kids get a giant sandpit with little roller coaster thingies and melted cheese for dinner while parents get some quiet as the kids play and the world's best fajitas. It's a win for everyone!!!!


Feliz CumpleaƱos Shelby!!!
I'm sorry but does anything say Texas birthday like a giant sombrero? 
I think not.





No comments:

Post a Comment