Saturday, February 9, 2013

Halloween warm-up


Within the first few months of school, the kids were asked to dress up like their favorite storybook character, a scarecrow, and a whole slew of daily things for drug-free week. 

Sidenote: Does anyone else wonder what drug-free week looks like in kingergarten?

"Hey kids, don't do drugs!" "What are drugs? Do they taste like candy?" 
"Crack is whack!" "I like to whack my brother." 

Seems like it's creating more questions than answers...

I digress.

Introducing the blonde version of FANCY NANCY!

How did we come to this amazing display of costume coordination? I simply let Shelby accessorize with zero editing by mother. Oh la la! She was so happy!

A bad picture but she wanted a mask. So being the super crafty person I am I cut up a paper plate and stapled two straws to it. I'll pause for your amazement. I know. I'm like the Macgyver of dress up day.

I skipped drug-free week pics (your welcome), but here are scarecrow pictures. And I must say I outdid myself here.*

(Notice the hands. They haunt my dreams.)

We're off to see the wizard...

Soooo pleased.

*Truth time: You may have noticed a real jump in the quality of school dress up.This is because I was not actually present for these pictures. My parents were watching the kids that week while Seth and I were in Mexico. I dropped the kids off with the gajillion things on their schedule and told my mom "Oh, by the way, Shelby is supposed to dress up like a scarecrow for some reason on Friday. Adios!" She clearly outshone me in this department.


No comments:

Post a Comment